It’s been a big year for developments at Ascot United as the club unveiled its brand new artificial surface and venue improvements in October 2019.
Speaking on the Berkshire Football Stories podcast at the time, the club’s Director of Football Neil Richards explained that working with the Crown Estate and Ascot Racecourse had enabled the project to go ahead.
The maiden first team game on the pitch saw a bumper crowd at the Racecourse for the fixture against Guildford City which ended in a 3-0 defeat – at the time only the clubs second of the season.
[adsanity id=46128 align=alignnone /]
Berkshire Football Awards supported by PlaySport.
Since then, the Yellamen under Jamie Tompkins settled in to their new home and were top of the Cherry Red Records Combined Counties League when the 2019/20 season was abandoned.
Now, the ground redevelopment that included a new stepped standing area outside the club house, has been nominated for a Berkshire Football Award supported by PlaySport in the category of Most Improved Ground.
The nomination reads: “The ground has been transformed, with not only a new pitch but excellent ground improvements including new terraces and viewing areas. We have also updated our audiovisual capability inside and out- including a brand new digital media screen.”
Want to vote for Ascot United’s Racecourse Ground as Most Improved or nominated another clubs ground – or in fact anything else. Fill out the form below.
Nominations are closed
Sorry, nominations for the 2020 awards are now closed.
Award Nomination Rules
- Nominations will close at 10pm on Sunday 14th June 2020
- Nominations must have an association with Berkshire, either through a club, competition or place of residence. For example, if you live in Basingstoke but volunteer at Thatcham Town, you would be eligible
- The awards night will be on Wednesday 17th June 2020
- You can nominate as many people as you like for each award
- Due to difficulties in obtaining permissions under child protection law we won’t consider any player under the age of 16 for nomination in any of the categories