The Berkshire October Goal of the Month competition proved the hardest to judge yet as three goals really caught the imagination.
With thanks to guest judge – Reading FC Women’s Lily Woodham – Anja Harper of Maidenhead United Women, Naomi Paxford of Burghfield Ladies and David Nyarko of Thatcham Town’s goals were tied leading to a second run-off vote.
Of the three, it was Anja’s goal that came out on top for the Football in Berkshire panel to take Octobers award and go alongside the goals of Harry Hoath and Kacper Malinowski in our 2022/23 Goals Hall of Fame.
Harper’s strike came during a 7-0 win over Woodley United in a game where she was a 62nd minute substitute for Victoria Carvill at Bulmershe Pavillions.
Watch the top three goals, including Anja’s, for October below:
[adsanity align=’alignnone’ id=65355]
We’d like to thank Double Barrelled Brewery for their continued support of this award and grassroots football in Berkshire.
Watch all 11 goals below
Got a brilliant goal for November?
You can start getting those in now in our form here:
Terms & Conditions
- To be considered, the goal must have been scored in a match played in November 2023.
- No junior football (under 16s) goals will be considered for this competition.
- By submitting a video, you agree that it can be part of Football in Berkshire’s compilation.
- Not sure if you can enter? A full list of clubs classed as ‘Berkshire’ and covered by FiB is at the bottom of this page.
- A top four will be selected by our judging panel, these scores will be placed against the public vote and a winner announced.
- Entries will close at 5pm on Sunday 10th December 2023.